Sunday 8 March 2009

A little perspective

I was reading The Airing of Grievances on Stephanie Says yesterday (stefanie-says.blogspot.com), which was a list of moans, followed swiftly by reasons to be grateful. I realised that I'd spent half the day moaning about small stuff, when I should be grateful for so much. Obviously, my attempts to follows Oprah's daily thankful lists has failed, but I shall start again with things I am thankful for this morning.
  1. Dad is on the mend and still here.
  2. I will see both mum & dad in a month when I am fortunate enough to fly home for a week.
  3. I have a job, which pays my mortgage, rent, living & enough to pay for modernising the apartment.
  4. I have great friends both here in Oman & in Europe that I can rely on.
  5. The sun is shining & it is going to be a beautiful day.
What more can I ask for?

Thank you Stephanie for adding some perspective.
Sx