Saturday, 26 June 2010

Gratitude Friday - Reasons to be cheerful

The last few days have been tough, for reasons I won't go into here, but I'm not alone. Di at Il Terrazo Italiano just posted the things that she loves in Italy, in order to get some perspective. Reading that, I remembered I haven't posted for gratitude Friday for a while and even though it's Saturday, it's still Friday somewhere. Check out the beautiful blog of Diana, who started GF, here.

1. I have a job, which finishes in 3 weeks, but which pays my mortgage. Okay that's not a good start as that's positive and negative. Must try harder...

2. I have friends both real and virtual who I know are there for me, if I ask for help. There are real friends here in Sudan I will miss so much when I leave and during that time when I don't know when I will return. More positive and negative oops.

3. I am in an amazing country, which is full of fantastic people, and I am very lucky to have had the opportunity to work here. What's more, the difficult/strange has become familiar and easier here in Sudan as I wrote in an earlier post. That's only positive.

Bah, I can't do this today. The truth is that I'm feeling sad. I've angered a friend, which I deeply regret and am very sorry about. Whilst I want to go home and see my family and friends, I do not want to leave here. I am worried about finding another job. What was that line from an old Ian Drury song: Reasons to be cheerful, 1,2, 3...  I've done the 1,2, 3 and I am still not smiling this morning, sorry.

BTW: I took the beautiful sky back in March and it has not been photoshopped or retouch up in any way.

4 comments:

LindyLouMac said...

Sorry to read you are feeling low. As one of your virtual friends I will send you positive vibes. When you say coming home does that mean Italy or not?
That is a powerful sky.

travelingsuep said...

Thanks LindyLou.

Home both - Uk first then Calabria.

Diana and "Guido" said...

Hi Sue,
Just wanted to say it's good for the soul to work through feeling sad. You'll come out the other end happier and wiser. Thanks for being a commenter on my blog. It's nice Di

Fern Driscoll said...

Oh dear, oh dear - I'm sorry you angered your friend. It's awful to feel low over something like that. I hope by the time you read this your friend will no longer be angry, and you will have a line on 10 good job possibilities back in the country you've fallen in love with. Sending you lots of positive thoughts...