Monday 25 February 2008

Eight days of music

As I've already written, last Tuesday I went to listen to the ROSO concert, which was a classical start to the week. Friday afternoon, our weekend, I went along to a chillout session with DJ Sam Farsio from Dubai's Zinc club. Last night, Sunday, it was jazz with the French Paul-Marie Barber trio who played their own music plus remixes of classics by Miles Davis, Thelonious Monk etc. It was a pleasant evening, although I wasn't too keen on the vibraphone despite the musician being technically brilliant, I did enjoy the pieces when it was just the 2 guitars and double bass. To finish off this musical extravaganza of a week, and the one I'm most looking forward to, on Wednesday it's Funky-house nite at Rock Bottom and it's also going to be the girls-night out :) What a mix of musical styles, all in 8 days!